Based on a Greyhound, this is a most unusual but delicious cocktail. The combo of cilantro, grapefruit, and spicy vodka makes this more refreshing than a glass of ice water...which means you can drink more. Yields 1 serving.
- ¼ lime
- 6 sprigs cilantro, plus a nice leaf for garnish
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar, simple syrup, or honey syrup
- 2 fluid ounces grapefruit juice
- 1½ fluid ounces spicy vodka or gin
- 1 tablespoon blood orange or pomegranate juice
- Cocktail shaker with strainer
- Chilled martini or coupe glass
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lime and cilantro well until the cilantro is pulverized.
- Add the agave, grapefruit juice, vodka, and ice. Shake hard for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled glass then gently pour the blood orange juice down the side. Garnish with the cilantro leaf and serve immediately.