If sangria and punch had a baby, it would be this drink. For the Tibik-Kizismin Party Punch, we are featuring the Tibik-Kizismin wine from Mattaponi Winery. This wine is made from 100% blueberries...that's right, there's not a single grape in it. This is what makes it so special. It's got a strong blueberry flavor (as it should) and it's not overly sweet. Perfect for a summertime drink.
Yields 1 big bowl of punch...how many glasses is up to you.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) blueberry wine, chilled (we suggest the Tibik-Kizismin from Mattaponi Winery)
- 1 cup light rum
- 1/2 to 1 cup simple syrup, depending on your desired sweetness
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 24 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 2-3 sprigs of mint
- Remove mint leaves from stems. In a medium bowl combine mint leaves, blueberries and rum. Muddle and set aside for up to 1 hour for the flavors to meld together.
- In a large punch bowl, combine blueberry-mint mixture with blueberry wine, simple syrup, and soda. Stir until well combined.
- Garnish with blueberries and serve over ice.
Variation: Lemonade can be substituted for lemon-lime soda for a fresh tasting blueberry lemonade drink.