Carrots are a great vegetable for grilling — they're big enough not to fall through the grates, they take smoke and char very well, and they take a little bit of time to cook, so you don't have to stand around a hot grill. I love these carrots served room temperature, and the Feta Yogurt makes it dressy enough for a dinner party. Yields 4 servings.
- 2 bunches of medium-thickness carrots, all under ½-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Flake sea salt & ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Half of a lemon
- Trim the carrot greens to within a quarter inch of the top, then scrub well to clean. Pat dry and arrange in a single layer on a plate.
- Pour over the olive oil and a big pinch of the flake sea salt and black pepper; toss to coat.
- Arrange perpendicular to the grates on the grill and grill for 10 to 12 minutes until charred but not blackened. Flip and cook another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Feta Yogurt by blending the feta, yogurt, rosemary, juice of half of a lemon, and a small pinch of salt in a food processor until mostly smooth. Stir in more lemon juice if necessary, it should be pourable but not thin.
- When the carrots are done, return to the plate with the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Serve with the Feta Yogurt, a drizzle of pomegranate molasses, and garnish with a handful of cilantro leaves.