Broccolini is a staple in my house and I've made it every way you can think of — but this is our favorite way to eat it. Roasting for such a long time turns the stalks crunchy and verdant like kale chips. After you've mastered the basic recipe, try adding garlic cloves, lemon zest, or red pepper flakes.
Yields two servings.
- 14 - 16 ounces broccolini
- 1½ teaspoons large-flake sea salt such as Maldon
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim the bottom two inches from the broccolini.
- On a baking sheet, toss all ingredients and flatten into a single layer.
- Roast 20 minutes without touching.